Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Alex Trebek Should Shut Up

Ever since I was a little girl, I've loved Jeopardy. Something about being able to answer some random questions that no human being should be able to answer tickles me. Plus, I like to look at the nerds who tend to be in the contestant pool and try to figure out how many friends they have or don't have due to their lack of anything better to do and how many times they've been jumped, "pantsed", or thrown in garbage cans. Of all the evenings after work or school that I've sat down and watched the show, I became the most annoyed yesterday. As is often the case , all three contestants were neck and neck with scores. In final Jeopardy, the first two contestants didn't have the correct answer. The returning champion, however, had the answer correct. Instead of Alex just congratulating the man on his win, he had to take a moment to point out the fact that the man spelled the last name of the individual incorrectly. I wanted the man to just say, "Look mofo, I just won $30,000 sheerly based on the fact that my head is crammed with useless tidbits of information thereby giving me some leeway to fail to spell a name correctly. Hell, with this here money, I can buy a $30,000 corrective pen. What do you have to say about that jerk-off?". Of course, the man didn't say this. He said nothing. Sure, we're all smart with a handful of index cards with the answers written on them. Just once I'd like to see how nifty Alex is after dropping all his trusty cards on the floor. Not such a Smarty Art now, huh, Alex? Just once I wish someone would put that smug and annoying fool in his place. I got your Jeopardy, Alex. And it's right here.

1 comment:

NicFAB said...

I am so super week right now! I want to tear up and cry with laffter. Ok this trying to spell words incorrectly on purpose is c-i-l-l-ing me!