Monday, July 30, 2007

Just Hand Over The Pens and There Won't Be Any Trouble

I finally did it. I got registered for school and I start back in a few days. Sure, part of me had some reservations at first, but the rest of me is excited about the change I'm making in my future. At least my future is what I thought was most important about my decision until I discovered something about myself while pushing a basket at Wal Mart. I dropped by two days ago to purchase a notebook, some pens, and a few highlighters for class but once I arrived on the school supply aisle, I saw the Promised Land. There were multi-colored post-its, a variety of pens, highlighters in every hue, rulers, staplers of the "mini" variety, and even three hole punchers made to fit in one's binder. It was all so much! My heart started to beat just a little faster and an involuntary grin spread across my face. I suddenly realized, I love school supplies more than I love school. There's just something about ripping open your school supply booty and sliding each item into its special book bag compartment. Oh, be still my heart! Sure, I'm working on my personal and professional goals by going to school. I'm securing a better place for me with my employer. Hell, I may even change a few lives before it's all over. But to tell the truth, you can keep all that. Just give me the supplies.

No comments: