Tuesday, April 28, 2009

And I Wonder

I remember when Arsenio Hall would always bring up strange or senseless things going on in the world and refer to them as, "Things that you go hmmm....". Well, I have to say that I, like Arsenio, often wonder just what the hell is going on sometimes. I look around at what people are doing, what is being reported on the news, and even what folks come out of the house wearing and I wonder. I wonder about the state of my world and I wonder if it's ever going to get better. The infractions range from the minute to the most ridiculous things I've ever seen or heard. Anyway, this blog entry will probably grow over time with entries on that which continues to perplex me because I never cease to be stumped by some of the tomfoolery I see.
  • Can someone please explain to me the purpose of the creepy black lady in the Ikea commercials? I mean, who is she? Why is she lurking about in my Ikea furnished bedroom whilst I sleep? And why is this older black woman who by all appearances probably has never shopped in Ikea, the weird spokesperson for the store right now?
  • Why do people on tv always eat Chinese food straight from the carton? I mean, when I buy Chinese food, it's for everyone who is eating. We get plates and dish it up. I don't understand why I would need a pint of chicken chow mein all to myself.
  • Why is it that whenever I ride by a road worker site, most of the workers are not working? There's usually one guy one a piece of equipment doing his thing while the others stand around and look bored. Why am I paying for this?
  • I would like to know why the commercials on tv are ten times louder than the program being watched. It's annoying having to keep changing the volume and I don't like the thought of my television hollering at me. Especially when I'm paying for it.

No comments: